[Sidefx-houdini-list] making points to represent prims and connecting them.

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:27:40 EDT 2011

I am looking to manipulate some primitive attributes as if they were point attributes in a top sop and i would like to smooth them and do other connectivity related operations to them. I have the need trick of converting primitives to points with convert_sop using "convert to circles" so i have a point per primitive. But the connectivity between the primitives is the tricky one. I need a line per edge.

The solution probably looks like a divide sop with compute dual but i need the same number of points as there were primitives for this to be the solution.

Any ideas?

Maybe this is something that is worthy of a RFE think of all the tricks you could do with this. It could be called mesh premote

Robert.