[Sidefx-houdini-list] Create float[2] attribute in a VOP POP

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:13:23 EDT 2011

2011/9/22 Nick Zutphen <nvanzutphen at live.com>

> Hi Pablo,
>
> You should be able to use a parameter VOP, it imports any matching (by
> name) existing attribute. You can also use a parameter VOP to export an
> attribute, if it exists it will overwrite it, if it doesn't exist it will
> create it. If you import attribute X using a parameter VOP, set it to export
> always, copy it and place it at the end of your branch.
> To keep your parameter interface on the VOPPOP clean, you can check the
> parameter, that is used for an attribute, as invisible on the parameter VOP.

Well just trying to do your hack, aan unfortunately seems you cant create a
flot[2] using a paramterVOP.
Parameter VOP only overwrite the attribute of name and type match. Because
it doesnt have to option to create a float[2] it is impossible to match this
kind of attributes.
So you end up having two attribute onw is flaot[2] anf the other float[3].
Dont know if there is any way to get a workaround for this.
Cheers.

> Cheers!
> Nick van Zutphen
> ----
> http://www.nickvanzutphen.com
>
> On Sep 22, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Pablo Giménez wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > I am sure this has been asked before.
> > I found myself trying to make a VOP POP which modifies the speedlimit
> > attribute. Problem is that seems I can only create a float[3] attribute
> > using addAttribute VOP.
> > So how do you guys create a float[2] attribute inside a VOP POP?
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Un saludo
> > Best Regards