[Sidefx-houdini-list] Detect high frequency areas in CHOPs

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 05:54:40 EDT 2011

Hi all.
I am tracking some points positions using chops.
This points moves towards a goal, every point has a different goal.
When they are close to theirs goals, because I am using forces, they begin
to oscillate around them. I have some kind of dampening that is working and
tends to stabilize points, but it needs some time to do it.
So I was thinking about using chops to detect when I have points oscillating
around their goals.
As expected I got channels that shows the initial movement towards the
target, with high amplitudes, then when a point is close to its goal I got
small amplitudes and high frequencies.
Hou can I detect this areas so for instance get a channel that goes from 1
to 0, 1 when point motion has low frequencies and 0 when it has high
frequencies.

Any help is welcome. Thanks!

--
Un saludo