[Sidefx-houdini-list] Flipping viscosity

andy at andynicholas.com andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Sep 21 10:14:57 EDT 2011

Thanks for the info Nick. Yes, I've been having the same issue with the friction
that you mentioned.

So yes, it seems to be a bit of a non-starter really. I'm currently testing
stuff in Realflow, and it's got everything I need, as well as generally being
slightly faster. So it would seem that that's gonna have to be the weapon of
choice on this one. I've got no time to sit and try and reverse engineer DOPs
(and don't even get me started about the lack of documentation for that!!).

(BTW, despite frustrations with DOPs, I am starting to feel a little more
comfortable setting up custom stuff, but I'd love to know if anyone has what
they'd consider to be the "definitive" resource for it.)

Roll on Houdini 12 is all I'm gonna say. The speed ups are gonna be a real game
changer for getting into this :)

Cheers!
Andy