[Sidefx-houdini-list] parsing dialog scripts

Georg Duemlein rdg at preset.de
Wed Sep 14 18:09:26 EDT 2011

Maybe worth looking at the examples for this master class as well:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1810&Itemid=344

They contain a otls network that explains the 'cloud dialog'.

Needless to mention I didn't get too far with this, hence my question
about the pyqt dialogs :)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:05:55 -0700, Andrew Lyons wrote:
> Cool! Haven't seen these before:
> http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk11.1/hdk_uiintro.html
>
> Not exactly what I was looking for. If I could get the code for this
> I would
> be in business:
> http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.1/ref/utils/dsparse
>
> It might be a good HDK example for SESI to release!? Roll my own for
> now I
> guess....
>
> Cheers
>
> On 14 September 2011 13:55, Morné Chamberlain
> <morne.chamberlain at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Are you talking about parsing native Houdini .ui scripts? I believe
>> there
>> is
>> an undocumented Python/HOM function available that parses a ui
>> script and
>> builds a dialog, hou.ui.createDialog(). There is a forum post about
>> it
>> here:
>>

>> http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=19402&view=next&sid=18cd0dce39db445ae3be04c2b379b481
>>
>> Unfortunately I have never used it, and it does not appear to be
>> documented,
>> so I'm not sure if/how it works exactly...
>>
>> Morné Chamberlain
>> VFX Programmer
>> Blackginger
>> www.blackginger.tv
>>
>> On 14 September 2011 19:43, Andrew Lyons <tstexture at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Does anyone know of code (python and/or C++) to parse dialog
>> scripts?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --

Georg Duemlein