[Sidefx-houdini-list] parsing dialog scripts

Morné Chamberlain morne.chamberlain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:55:01 EDT 2011

Hi

Are you talking about parsing native Houdini .ui scripts? I believe there is
an undocumented Python/HOM function available that parses a ui script and
builds a dialog, hou.ui.createDialog(). There is a forum post about it
here:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=19402&view=next&sid=18cd0dce39db445ae3be04c2b379b481

Unfortunately I have never used it, and it does not appear to be documented,
so I'm not sure if/how it works exactly...

Morné Chamberlain
VFX Programmer
Blackginger
www.blackginger.tv