[Sidefx-houdini-list] camera frustum

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 21:09:00 EDT 2011

They arent regular cams, and do not have node representations. If you are coming from software such as maya the cams actually work quite differently. You can grab the persp cam xforms however via python (and a few otehr ways)

once you have the scene or cotnext viewewr of anythin containing a perspective vieport you can grab a ref to it and ppull xform, start to finish something like this....

import toolutils
sceneviewer = toolutils.sceneViewer()
viewport = sceneviewer.curViewport()
viewxform = viewport.viewTransform()

will giv you a matric object like ...
<hou.Matrix4 [[0.3156, -0.420301, -0.850733, 0], [-0.20184, 0.8463, -0.492989, 0], [0.927178, 0.3273, 0.182259, 0], [11.7525, 27.5151, 105.603, 1]]>

-Dan [eyevex]