[Sidefx-houdini-list] Using color to visualize 2 float values

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:10:48 EDT 2011

Has anyone come up with a way to visualize 2 float values in the colour value of geometry that is easy to read visually. Some of you are saying 2 ha! I can visualize 3 just stick them in r g and b but the colors interact and our brains don't see in r g b so the information doesn't come across.  I have tried playing with HSV but if one value is black it hides information of the other channel.

So the question is
What is Your way that you think reads clearly of using Cd to visualize 2 floats?

I look forward to a bunch of ways of doing this one.

Sent from my tiny puter.