[Sidefx-houdini-list] Does $CH works in CHOPs?

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:19:59 EDT 2011

Thanks Francois.
I have tried using the Expression Chop, but the problem is that $C returns
the index of the channel.
I am not interested in the channel index I am interested in the point index
that this channel belongs to.
For instance if you have lots of transforms channel, a transform for a point
is: tx45 ty45 tz45
the indexes for these channels could be anything, but the point is 45, I
need to get this point index which is contained in the name.
Or get a unique number for all t[xyz]45 channels, so I can apply the same
randomness to all of them.
If you know know you have 3 channels per point something like $C % ($NC / 3)
could do the job.
I think is just a workaround.
What would be great will be to be able to apply an operation to a set of
channels that belongs to the same point. Noise or Jiggle already do this I
think. But would be nice to do it in all CHOPs.

2011/9/7 François Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca>

> I think what you need is to use an Expression Chop and use the many
> available expressions like ioc() etc and their variables like $C, $I.
>
> You can manipulate any data this way. Have a look at Vop Chop too.
>
> Hope this help.
>
> François
>

> Pablo Giménez wrote:
>
>> Hi All.
>> I a mtrying to get modify some chopd to get variations based on point id.
>> For instance in a jiggle chop you use channels t[xyz]$PT.
>> What I want to do is to extract the point id string and get a random
>> number
>> from it to modify the jiggle per point.
>> In the help says $CH return the name of the current channel:
>> http://www.sidefx.com/docs/**houdini11.0/expressions/_**globals<http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.0/expressions/_globals>
>> But trying something like:
>> atof(strreplace($CH, "tx", ""))
>> Doesnt work alway returns zero.