[Sidefx-houdini-list] Quaternons and Lag CHOP

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:57:45 EDT 2011

Hi all.
I am having some weird problems trying to apply some CHOPs to quaternion
channels.
I have a quaternion rot attribute (vector4).
I read it using a Geometry CHOP as rot[xyzw] channels.
Then I apply a Lag CHOP ( I have similar problems using Spring). Most of the
rotations for my points works all right, except some of them, some points
randomly at some frames just flip.
Like if I werent using quaternions and you get the typical rotations
flipping due to euler angles limitations.
If I pass through the channels and import my rot attribute again without any
effect it works, but as soon I apply a lag it gives me this random rotation
flipping.
If I change  the lag parameters then the flipping happens in other points at
different frames.
Really weird.
Has anybody tried to lag rotations using chops?
Thanks.

--
Un saludo
Best Regards