[Sidefx-houdini-list] Flip Fluid memory optimizations

Miles Green Miles.Green at al.com.au
Thu Sep 1 04:26:21 EDT 2011

Hi all,

 Does anyone have any hidden gems for getting more detail out of a FLIP
fluid simulation, we are finding we run out of memory as we decrease the
particle separation on our FLIP simulations.. I guess we're looking for
interanl operators/attributes we maybe able to disable to give us more
memory

the sim is basically a simple setup of a box/bathtub of water and three
deforming characters inside it.

wining answers must not include: "wait until houdini 12"

thanks for any help/suggestions
  Miles