[Sidefx-houdini-list] Smoke sim "resetting"

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Sat Oct 15 09:04:43 EDT 2011

Hi Alex,

Not sure if this helps but I hit a similar snag a few months ago. The
below info from support ended up being my issue ( and solution).
Maybe it somehow relates to what you are experiencing

----------
1.) The rest field in the fireball_pyro SHOP should match the rest
filed in the Pyro Solver DOP. Please check to see if
/shop/fireball_pyro/dr_rate  (Settings tab -> Reset Rate parameter)
is at the same value as
/obj/AutoDopNetwork/pyrosolver1/restresetdelay  (Advanced tab -> Rest
Field tab -> Reset Every Frames parameter).
By default the Reset Rate parameter = 20, and the Reset Every Frames
parameter = 50. These should be the same value.
---------

Larry