[Sidefx-houdini-list] Smoke sim "resetting"

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Fri Oct 14 19:08:48 EDT 2011

Are you using the pyro shader to render your volumes?

Are you exporting two rest fields (rest & and rest2)?  Do the 'reset' (don't have houdini in front of me - kinda taking a stab in the dark) settings match from the sim to the shader?

IIRC, the default smoke object/smoke solver combo only export a single rest field - while the pyro shader expects two.

Or maybe, i'm crazy ;)