[Sidefx-houdini-list] non gui acees to new operator type

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 01:48:01 EDT 2011

Im familiar with context in terms of handcoding vex where Id udually declare explicitly

-- but when when I make a new vop ie foobar via new operator type -> vex builder it seems somewhat context nuetral (?)

ie it is (as a shell with no real guts, but lets say I had a basic/general math utility in mind)

it is instantly available in /vex/sop/ or vex/cop/ vex/pop/ etc... but obviously when I specify the context type as ie "surface" its only available in that context. Im trying to achiev behavior more similar to the nuetral context when create via the menu.

I cant quite figure out whats goin on here.... any idea?