[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hiding a smoke source

Alex Czetwertynski disciple1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:11:22 EDT 2011

The feathering seems to create the effect I want, but is pretty tricky when it comes to rendering it right...
If, before I start my sim, check on "Hollow Surface" and adjust my feather, the sim has no result.
If I do the same thing after the sim has already started, and then render, I get a nice effect...

I'll try "Source from Surface" (looks like what I need), but interested in knowing how this hollow surface concept works..

Thanks!
Alex