[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hiding a smoke source

Alex Czetwertynski disciple1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:48:35 EDT 2011

Hello

I have a smoke sim I'm happy with, but unfortunately the way my scene is setup makes the source of the smoke visible.  It is emanating from a tube, and even if the tube geometry is not visible, the tube gets filled with smoke as it emanates the billowy smoke I'm looking for.  I would like to see the smoke emanating from "a void" as it were.
Is this possible without getting into compositing solutions?

Thanks
Alex