[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK: parse point/prim groups

Szymon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:27:30 EST 2011

Hello,
I'd like to modify an user specified group whenever it is a point or
primitive group. The thing I'm doing in essence is that I iterate over
points belonging to a point group, *or* laying on a primitives
belonging to the prim group. Is there a dedicated way of doing this?

Currently my sop uses SOP_Node::cookInputPointGroups() and iterates
with FOR_ALL_OPT_GROUP_POINTS macro and I would love to leave it this
way for, at least theoretical, optimization.

Should I basically use things like, parseInputGroup(),
cookInputAllGroups(), and then manually figure out type of a group,
and in case of prim group, iterate over prim to add point to some
array, or... I have better option?

thanks!
skk.