[Sidefx-houdini-list] DTEX?

Johannes Saam johannes.saam at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:36:52 EST 2011

Hey Guys,
OpenExr will be the solution for all that BUT as it doenst come along and
we are all trying to use deep images i really think sesi should start
thinking of licensing rat files and their api. I have a rat reader written
for nuke, but it consumes a licsense everytime a comper loads an image,
thats just not an option. Rat is an awesome format, just paying a licsense
for opening one is silly.
2cents
jo

www.deepimg.com

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Alvaro Castaneda <varomix at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the code/SDK for openEXR 2.0 is out yet, I was looking for
> that a few weeks ago again for the same purposes and couldn't find any
> thing.
>

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Mark Alexander <malexander at sidefx.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Houdini 11 was updated to support OpenEXR 1.7 (from 1.21). However, 1.7
> > doesn't contain the deep compositing features, those are in OpenEXR 2.0.
> > don't know what the timeline is for OpenEXR 2.0 adoption.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > M.
> >

> > On 11/14/2011 01:37 PM, Andrew Lyons wrote:
> >
> >> Isn't deep compositing that part of the "extended support for OpenEXR"
> in
> >> houdini11.1?
> >>
> >> http://www.sidefx.com/index.**php?option=com_content&task=**
> >> view&id=2000&Itemid=55<
> http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2000&Itemid=55
> >

> >> If not - I'd hope it was in there pretty soon too...
> >>
> >> Cheers

vfx       | Johannes Saam
web     | www.johannessaam.com
work    | www.fuelvfx.com