[Sidefx-houdini-list] soho.getDefaultedFloat() vs. hou.node().parm().eval()

Frederic Servant frederic.servant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:13:00 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm currently writing an translator with SOHO and I find myself using a
lot soho.getDefaulted{Float,Int.String}() but I sometime use the standard
hou.node().parm().eval() to get parameter values.

Most of the time, when you're not querying some SOHO intrinsic parameter,
they seem to work just as well.

Has anybody more insight on the rationale on which set to use, the specific
features of one way or the other and the implications performance-wise.

Fred