[Sidefx-houdini-list] ROP asset question

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Fri May 27 08:56:06 EDT 2011

On 26/05/2011 6:36 PM, Antoine Durr wrote:
> The issue is that to create an encapsulating layer,
> you'll need to replicate every parameter on the Mantra ROP into the UI
> of your OTL. That UI will *not* update automatically when the Mantra ROP
> underneath changes. You will have to update that by hand, which can be a
> pain (we ran into that from H10 to H11, and it took us a few months to
> get around to updating the UI; in the meantime, we had the old UI
> driving a new Mantra ROP, but without access to the latest bells and
> whistles brought on by H11).

As a side note, one can specify specific HDA parameter folders as
"imports" from other parameter folders inside. Then rather than
painstakingly hand promote all missing parameters, one can invoke
"Refresh Imports" to automatically re-promote all the parameters
contained in those folders.

Cheers,
-Edward