[Sidefx-houdini-list] ROP asset question

Antoine Durr antoinedurr at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:37:23 EDT 2011

Just do a switch ROP, with a null on the left input and your Mantra
on the right input, and channel reference the switch ROP's switch
parm to the upper level toggle that controls whether to use that
particular Mantra ROP or not.  Basically, everything that is not in
the current render set is switched to a null.  It does work, as we
have a mondo ROP OTL that has 27 Mantra ROPs in it and another 170
nodes including other OTLs, switches and nulls.  The whole thing
stays locked.  One nice thing is that the switch ROP will show a
solid line to the input that is live and dashed lines to the rest, so
you can get a pretty good visual indication of what's being used.

-- Antoine