[Sidefx-houdini-list] ROP asset question

Andrew Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:11:27 EDT 2011

ROPs are kind of tricky because they have to hook into SOHO, and new soho
properties get added constantly, so keeping otl ROPs up to date quickly
becomes a nightmare.

Galleries and presets are one nice alternative to otls. They build UI, set
values, and can be applied to the latest factory ROPs. You can apply a
gallery to any ROP node from a button with either a callback on a button or
a callback on a menu of some sort.

Cheers