[Sidefx-houdini-list] two keyframed expressions on a single parameter

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Wed May 25 09:25:37 EDT 2011

On 25/05/2011 1:54 AM, Tom Nixon wrote:
> I think that the keyframes have always been the first frame of a given
> scene. So it would appear that I was doing dev work in a scene that started
> on frame 1 and then frame 17. Eventually I would find that my expression has
> been saved as two separate keyframes on each start frame. I am not able to
> reproduce this simply by changing the start frame, though. Lately, almost
> all of my expressions have been python, but I'm pretty sure that I've had
> this happen with hscript expressions too.

What type of parameters have you been experiencing the problems on?

For hscript expressions, the workflow is typically:
   - If it's a non-string parm, then just type your expression directly.
     A key gets created for the expression at frame 1.
   - If it's a string parm, then type the expression directly, using
     backticks.
If this is the workflow, I think it's pretty hard to accidentally create
extraneous keys. For the Python expression workflow, it's required to
manually create a key first on string parms so that might explain the
accidental creation of extra keys.

-Edward