[Sidefx-houdini-list] Different otl version per node instance

Andrew Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:30:39 EDT 2011

Its pretty standard to do the versioned hda naming described above. If
you're really careful you should be able to use switch SOPs and
promote the switches as toggles to make fairly serious changes to HDAs
backwards compatible. (Also be careful when setting the default for
the switch toggle after promotion.)

Hipfile merging may be appropriate in some cases. You might also want
to look at HOM solutions. You can do all kinds of switches in python
for different shots etc.

Cheers