[Sidefx-houdini-list] Different otl version per node instance

Sebastian H. Schmidt sebastian.h.schmidt at googlemail.com
Sun May 8 02:35:28 EDT 2011

Hi Francois,

you could start to version your otls, even with the label, so whenever
you create a new version of your car, the file gets versioned
(myCar_v002.otl) but also the asset itself gets a new name,
myCar_v002.
You could add some kind of pre-flight so that:
-  hides all myCar_v00* smaller than your current version from the
tab-menu, and
- even creates a entry in the tab menu  so that if someone adds a
myCar asset it will use the latest one (myCar_v002)
- some right button magic where you give the artist the chance to see
a list of revisions of that asset and the chance to update it

--> so if the asset gets updated (v002-->v003) the artist uses by
default its version, maybe the node gets flaged so the artist could
choose wether he wants the new definition or not
just my 5 ct.

Seb