[Sidefx-houdini-list] cam clipping planes through in viewport limits

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 18:50:16 EDT 2011

Thanks Edward,

I had checked the disp settings, but as expected it only is active for the persp
cam...

This issue seems to be when looking through a cam obj....
it was brought to my attention by a co-worker who is having issue.
To test...

-- I made a tube and had the edge of it go through the cam.
-- Looked through the cam
-- adjusted the near clip bringing it closer
-- as anticipated it adjusted in the viewer UNTILL it hit .001, at which point
the view failed to update to show the parm adjustments.

The adjustment DID affect the render output as expected however, but the
adjustment needs to refelected nthe viewer --but it wasnt.
its always possible that my test reproduced similar circumstance to his issue
inadvertantly, but I attempted it with a few different xform intersecting the
cam and still was not able to brign the plane closer in the viewer.

When just consulting the person who was havign the issue, he seemd to think it
was actually 0.01 But, either way... is there a hard cutoff? And what determines
it? I did the test in build 11.0.575 I have never encountered this before but
honestly Im not too sure I ever thried to bring anything quite that close.

any ideas?

Thanks again