[Sidefx-houdini-list] hscript fbximport has no option to import subnets as null nodes... workarounds?

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:27:18 EDT 2011

hscript fbximport has no option to import subnets as null nodes... so
i cant import a fbx inside a script and get it to look the same as a
manually imported fbx with "Import Null Nodes as Subnets" unticked.

i have just submitted this as a bug so I am looking for workarounds...

Now I know i can script something up to replace the subnets with nulls
after import but if i can get away with not having to that would be
preferable. If you have some code kicking about that would be good
too.

any easy ideas ?