[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Hip Tricks Volume One and Two

Alvaro Castaneda varomix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:06:52 EDT 2011

Hi guys
I'm very proud to share with you my latest Houdini Training
also I'll like to say thank you to you, the wonderful community of Houdini
Users, you guys rock!!
this tittles are also yours.

Cheers!!

 *cmiVFX Releases SideFX Houdini Hip Tricks Volume One and Two*

*High Definition Training Videos for the Visual Effects Industry*

*Princeton, NJ (March 28, 2011)* – cmiVFX launches its latest training for
the SideFX Houdini premiere digital visual effects animation software
package. Why build one kick ass VFX video when two is twice as nice! We have
never been more fired up to release a training video in the history of this
company. Everything you wanted to know, delivered fast and furious through
our ground breaking, ever evolving web based delivery player system. In
these two videos, you’ll learn how to make production ready user friendly
tools that will captivate your audience time and time again. Since Houdini
is way more than just a 3D application, you will see it from a framework
point of view.  You`ll understand how you can solve any kind of situation
you might encounter, using the tools in ways they were never dreamed to
perform in that way.  As a testament of the power and flexibility of
Houdini,  we’ll try to keep it simple and understandable by encapsulating
some very interesting areas of Houdini. When you’re done with this set,
you’ll have several tools to use, and have lots of ideas of how approach and
develop your own tools. To call it Magic, is a true understatement. How can
you put a guarantee on perfection?

Here at cmiVFX we maintain a current training library for the latest
versions of popular software titles. When it comes to high end CG and VFX
training, there is only once choice... cmiVFX!

Don’t forget about the cmiSubscription plan! Get one today. cmiVFX launched
the most affordable subscription plan in Visual FX Training History for only
$299 USD, and if you were a subscriber, this New Training Release would
already be in your account.  This video is also available a-la-cart in our
brand new HTML5 player system.

*Brief Introduction*

Welcome to the highly anticipate "HIP Tricks" video set, created by CMIVFX
and Varomix. A partnership like no other, this joint venture shows the true
comradery that is a true CG pipeline. There is a reason that cmiVFX stands
alone in the high end market….  IT'S NOT EASY TO DO!  However true, we take
pride in our sadistic need to provide the latest and greatest training in
our industry so that digital entertainers can tell their story. We will work
with ANYONE that has something fantastic to offer… wether it is a student
half way around the world, or another training company that wants to work
with us on a video title. We will always pull together with the right people
to make the best training the world has to offer. Expect great things…
ALWAYS!

http://store.cmivfx.com/tutorials/view/294/Houdini+Hip+Tricks+Volume+1

*A Hip Autopsy*
In this first volume you will learn how to dissect any Houdini Hip scene,
and figure out how that scene is put together.  This is great for exploring
sample scenes, other artists scenes to assist you in the creation of your
own. We will also go over some tips to make your projects more solid and
show you were you can get help from the great Houdini Artist Community.

*Feather Tool*

For this chapter set we will build a hero feather system used for close-up
shots. This tool will give the artist total control using Houdini's ramp
widgets so that it makes for a great user experience. In the process we'll
learn how to map ramp parameters to control parameters of our tool.

*Earthquake and Fischer Cracks. *

In this section we will create a multi-purpose ground cracking tool, putting
special attention on making it easily modifiable, and in realtime. The art
of  making it solid and getting predictable result, doesn't mean that its
simple. The final result is a very high end production ready tool that can
be used in many scenarios. This chapter alone is work the price of the
entire volume set.

http://store.cmivfx.com/tutorials/view/294/Houdini+Hip+Tricks+Volume+2

*Row Row Row Your Boat*

Using Houdini Ocean Tools plug-in (HOT), we'll create and ocean that emits
foam and splashes. We then we'll add a ship that floats on the ocean in
which the movement of the ship will be driven by the ocean. Once we do that,
we'll use the floating, moving ship to deform the ocean as it advances and
emits spray at collisions with the waves.

*Pixelated Game*

Believe it or not, we'll will build a complete playable game inside Houdini,
using out-of-the-box tools and a little bit of Python code. This project is
a real statement that Houdini can do just about everything that you can
throw at it. Don't think of Houdini as a 3D app, think of it as a 3D
Operating System.

*Alvaro Castañeda*

Alvaro Castañeda, best known as "Varomix" is a 33 years old CG Generalist
TD. He lost a little of his self back in 1993 at a Jurassic Park screening,
and that totally changed his life. Toy Story finished the job in 1995 -
there was no turning back!. He started his way in 3D back in 1998, first
using 3ds Max, then Cinema4D and finally in 1999, I met Maya 2.0. Since then
I've done CGI for print, web, TV, Film, DVD, I guess anything that has
pixels in it!. He started using Houdini in 2002 shortly after Side Effects
launched the Houdini Apprentice Program. He had also done on-set VFX
Supervision and DOP Assisting. He'll soon move to Toronto to continue his
career as a Houdini Generalist.

*Project Contents*

All cmiVFX videos come with all the training materials you can need right
from our website. No matter what time of day, your location, or how your
feeling, cmiVFX will be there waiting for you!

This video is available today at the cmiVFX Store:  http://store.cmivfx.com/

*About cmiVFX*

cmiVFX is the leader in High Definition Video Training for the Visual
Effects Community. Register for FREE and receive hours of FREE content at
the cmiVFX Video-on-Demand Player. ( http://store.cmivfx.com/login ) For
additional information about cmiVFX, visit http://www.cmivfx.com. © 2010
cmiVFX | cmiStudios. All rights reserved.