[Sidefx-houdini-list] Updating fluid points in SIM_Solver

Tor Sterner sternert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:11:46 EDT 2011

Hi all kind people of the list,

 I'm writing a SIM_Solver that intends to also handle particle fluids.

My first approach is to just use the existing flipfluid or sphfluid
SIM_Objects do all calculations on these (this is without the microsolvers
and popnets that come with them). I have however run into problems.

I can easily extract all point data from the geometry of the SIM_Object to
create my simulated fluid (from geometry points).

But I've noticed that an update on these points is not the way to handle
this, as they move the actual geometry and not only updates the values. (So
no rewind e.g.)

 Now what I ask is if it is even possible to work on the fluid objects
particles / points directly in the SIM_Solver?

Or do I need to make some sort of extract/insert microsolver that my
SIM_Solver can communicate with or should I think of a completely different
solution?

- Tor Sterner