[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK OP in non 'Custom' tabmenu folder

Steve Gustafson sgustafso at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 00:52:11 EDT 2011

Yep. It's a bit unintuitive, but the tab menus can be tweaked with .shelf
files.
The shelf script Graham is talking looks something like this (for a custom
SOP named 'foo'):

file MyCustomSops.shelf:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<shelfDocument>

 <tool name="sop_myCustomSopTool" label="Foo" icon="SOP_foo">
    <helpURL>operator:Sop/foo</helpURL>
    <toolMenuContext name="viewer">
      <contextNetType>SOP</contextNetType>
    </toolMenuContext>
    <toolMenuContext name="pop_viewer">
      <contextNetType>SOP</contextNetType>
    </toolMenuContext>
    <toolMenuContext name="network">
      <contextOpType>Sop/foo</contextOpType>
    </toolMenuContext>
    <toolSubmenu>MySubMenu</toolSubmenu>
    <script scriptType="python"><![CDATA[import soptoolutils

soptoolutils.genericTool(kwargs, 'foo')]]></script>
  </tool>
</shelfDocument>

Also note that this doesn't actually /remove/ your operator from the Custom
tab (I have no idea how to do that!). It's just creating an extra tool in
the tab menu of your choice that invokes a script to create your node.