[Sidefx-houdini-list] New graphics driver messing up lighting in viewport

Mark Alexander malexander at sidefx.com
Mon Mar 14 12:29:48 EDT 2011

I'm not sure why, but the GLSL gl_FrontFacing builtin appears to return
the wrong value in Cat 11.1+. This broke before on OSX for a time, so
there is a workaround:

mv $HH/ogl2/ogl2_face_forward.func $HH/ogl2/ogl2_face_forward.func.bak
cp $HH/ogl2/ogl2_face_forward_osx.func $HH/ogl2/ogl2_face_forward.func

(where $HH is <installdir>/hfs/houdini)

It's on my TODO list to either workaround or get an ATI driver fix for
this issue.

Cheers,
M.