[Sidefx-houdini-list] New graphics driver messing up lighting in viewport

Craig Hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 00:48:11 EDT 2011

Anyone else update their ATI drivers to the latest ones
(http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst112ReleaseNotes.aspx)
that supports Open GL 4.1 and find that all the lighting in Houdini's
viewport doesn't work at all?

After doing some trial and error I find that if I create normals and reverse
them in Houdini it seems to light correctly.  Is there something in the
graphics drivers or Houdini settings that might be forcing normals to be
reversed?.

Running H 11.0.658 on 64 bit Win7 on a Core i7 Lenovo laptop with ATI 5730
GPU.

Cheers,
Craig