[Sidefx-houdini-list] delayed load points inheriting attributes..?

nicholas pliatsikas nicholas.pliatsikas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:25:35 EST 2011

Just to add to the thread, I put in an RFE to sidefx to extend material
archives, so that shading assignment could be "baked" into the archive also,
to be honest thats the only reason why we would use it. So we could safely
assign and change sop level shaders, material overrides etc without the need
to re-archive everything.
During the testing phase of h10.5 and h11 I also put in request to have cvex
vop network support for delayed loads as standard, since that opens up a
whole world of possibilities .

Anyways one tip i would give for the delayed load instances, shader problems
etc is do you really need delayed loads.
Theres 3 main reasons for using delayed loads with instances,
1 keep the size of your IFDs to a minimum
2 your not doing any raytracing so the geometry can be unloaded when needs
be
3 your not using sop level material overrides that need to change based on
instance information.

Cheers
Nick