[Sidefx-houdini-list] delayed load points inheriting attributes..?

Mark Story mstory at xion.org
Thu Mar 10 16:21:10 EST 2011

> As a side note, hdk doesn't expose shaders archive (ifd) import to Mantra (as it happens in DLA proc.),  so does it mean that no one has ever written fully featured replacement of sesi delayed load procedural?
> First thing we wanted to do in heavy crowd show was to  add more time samples geometries, to avoid linear motion blur, but then materials issue appeared...

Do you mean no one at SESI?

Lots of people have written their own mantra procedurals.

> Cvex processing is another missing topic of

CVEX rocks!  I've done much more CVEX data processing (at render time)
than in straight up C++ code.   Everything from altering shader parms to
deforming geometry, to hair/fur placement, attribute modulation, etc.

Very cool stuff.  Lots to explore there.

Mark