[Sidefx-houdini-list] delayed load points inheriting attributes..?

Mark Story mstory at xion.org
Thu Mar 10 15:46:23 EST 2011

I've only had success with this by assigning the shader string as a
point attrbute and did the assignment inside a (custom HDK) VRAY
procedural.  Things got confusing for me when the attribute changed from
shop_vm_surface to shop_materialpath, but it does work, I can assign
unique shaders (and also modify the incoming parms) to the instanced
points or objects.

So I'm wondering why that sort of thing isn't done with the delayed load
procedurals.  There's a lot of features missing from the procedurals
included in Houdini.

Mark