[Sidefx-houdini-list] data type conversion

Antoine Durr antoinedurr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:45:13 EST 2011

There are lots of geo file hacks you can do with the unix SOP.
Mostly I use perl -pe instead of sed, so that gives me access to the
rest of Perl.  In ascii mode, you *literally* get a .geo file, which
is all ascii, and has a few lines of header, then come the point
attributes, then the points, then the prim attribute definitions,
then the primitives, then the groups, and finally the trailer.  The
header of a .geo is almost identical to mouse-middle on a SOP.  You
can do some pretty nifty group renaming with the unix SOP, or very
fancy renaming of any kind.

-- Antoine