[Sidefx-houdini-list] data type conversion

Greg Massie gregm at image-engine.com
Mon Mar 7 17:33:01 EST 2011

Hey All,

What's the most efficient way of recasting one data type to another. I have two examples I'm trying to deal with:

I have:  myData[0] myData[1] myData[2]    (float3)
I want:  myData[x] myData[y] myData[z]     (vector)

also:

I have myData of type float and I want myData of type int.

The data is coming from an external source and is a lot of points so ideally I want to do it with as little copying of data as possible.

Greg