[Sidefx-houdini-list] stereoscopic animation for the ipad?

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Thu Mar 3 08:22:44 EST 2011

Hmmm maybe two iPads, one for each eye with right/left offset held in
front of viewer to produce dynamic 3D image..? Don't try this while
driving, texting and talking on your cell!

anaglyph it is-

Thanks!

Jed-

On Mar 2, 2011, at 8:50 PM, Antoine Durr wrote:

> And if you mount it on a paint can shaker, you might even be able
> to make it autostereoscopic!  I'm sure the shake rate is
> synchronized with the 60hz coming out the wall, that's plenty to
> give each eye 30fps! ;-)
>
> -- Antoine
>
> P.S. go anaglyph
>

> On Mar 2, 2011, at 1:14 PM, jacob fisher wrote:
>
>> With a little bit of programming aide, couldn't you make a fake
>> lenticular
>> display based off the accelerometer or something?
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Jed Schwartz <jed at jedschwartz.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We've been asked to produce a bunch of stereoscopic animation
>>> shots for
>>> display on the ipad- I know lots of you have experience producing
>>> stereoscopic content for the big screen, do any of you have
>>> thoughts on the
>>> best approach for producing "3D" for viewing on tablets?
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance for your thoughts on this!
>>>
>>> Jed-

Jed Schwartz
Creative Director
Jed Schwartz Productions
603-495-3125
jed at jedschwartz.com
http://www.jedschwartz.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are
prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in
this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.