[Sidefx-houdini-list] Get time from CH_Manager rather than OP_Context in HDK, why?

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:45:13 EDT 2011

Hi all.
I have been looking in the SParticle example from the HDK, and something I
spotted inmediatelly is that the current frame is coming from:
chman = OPgetDirector()->getChannelManager();
currframe = chman->getSample(context.getTime());

Is the first time I have seen this I usually just use OP_Context to get the
current time or frame.
Why this example is using a Channel Manager to ge the time.
What are exactly directors? And the channel Manager? I have read the
comments in OP/OP_Director.h
but is still not really clear waht these nodes are for.
Thanks

--
Un saludo
Best Regards