[Sidefx-houdini-list] transferring colour to groups question

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Jul 28 02:32:19 EDT 2011

A good trick also if you want to avoid the For Each for speed reason, is
to use an Add Sop with the "By Group" tab and choose "Add" = "By
Attribute". This allows you to put the same group of point under the
same primitive based on an attribute like "piece" created by the voronoi
shatter for example.

 From there you can promote your attribute, let's say "active" from
point to prim and then promote back to point and copy the point
attribute back from that temp branch to the main geometry with an Attrib
Copy.

François