[Sidefx-houdini-list] transferring colour to groups question

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 13:19:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a red animated curve driving a crack along a wall, and as the curve grows I want its red colour to be transferred onto some crack debris chunks I have created, with the idea that when the chunk turns red, it becomes under the influence of DOPs and fires out of the wall.

An Attribute Transfer will do the trick (sort of) where the animated curve transfers its red information as points or primitives; however I want to transfer the colour information to each chunk group (so each chunk visually switches 'on' as the animated curve passes through it).

I have been looking at the For Each SOP which does have group iteration capability; however internally the colour is still being passed as point or primitive as before.

Any thoughts or ideas would be most welcome...

Kind regards,

Phil.