[Sidefx-houdini-list] random UV transform

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Mon Jul 25 18:34:50 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have a grid that is made up of various sized rectangles ( just
dissolved a handful of edges to make that).

I then made the points unique so the grid could deconstruct and the
rectangles could fly off in different direction.

I also need a texture map to run across the grid so it appears as a
solid image when the grid is together.
Easy enough with a UV texture and appropriate material applied.

However, I need to randomize the scale of the UV's sightly from
primitive to primitive so the textured image
appears to be magnified somewhat differently from rectangle to
rectangle.

I have been trying to use some random expressions in the UV
transform's scale parameters multiplied by $PR,
but I seem to be getting a uniform transform across the entire
grid ... not slight variations from primitive to primitive
as I expected.

Am I just looking at the wrong SOP??? or maybe I should be think
about a different approach to writing this random expression??

Any other thoughts on how I might slightly randomize the UV scale
from primitive to primitive across a grid with unique points??

Thanks,

Larry