[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini + 3Delight + PTC

Alan Warren bluemoonshine at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 13:02:26 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 12:32:37AM -0600, Alvaro Castaneda wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Been trying literally all day to get ptc files out of Houdini + 3Delight but
> I just can't seem to make it work
> at all, I started using the ptc occlusion example included with 3delight
>
> ANyone has any experience doing ptc?
> can you help. please?
>
> Thanks

It's hard to say without knowing how far you've got.

Do you have these parameters on each SOP, and turned off?

-rasteroriented dicing
-cull shading of backfacing surfaces
-cull shading of occluded surfaces

Does your surface shader bake micropolygon area into a channel named
_area using bake3d()?

I'm not sure if 3Delight requires you to output an AOV for each channel
being baked like prman does. You might want to try it incase nothing
works. ie. float _area would be necessary if you're baking for
occlusion.

HTH