[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rman UVs inverted?

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Fri Jul 22 13:06:32 EDT 2011

Mantra will change its tile rendering order to match the desired order
of the output image.

When rendering TIFF files, mantra will render top down.
When rendering Houdini .pic files, mantra renders bottom up.

For a very long time, Houdini has saved TIFF files top down :)

I think the original issue was either with winding order of polygons
or the interpretation of texture coordinates.  Houdini assumes uv(0,0)
maps to the bottom left corner of the image and uv1(1,1) is the top
right.  This is regardless of the order of scanlines in the image.

On Friday Jul 22 at 09:22, Andrew Lyons wrote:
> Might have been:
>
> hconfig -H HOUDINI_TIFF_BOTTOMLEFT
> HOUDINI_TIFF_BOTTOMLEFT
>     Older versions of Houdini generated TIFF files with the first
>     scanline of data representing the bottom of the image.  This
>     control can be turned on to replicate the behaviour of older
>     versions of Houdini.
>
> Depends on how the tiff was authored too by the look of it...
>

> On 22 July 2011 09:15, Szymon Kapeniak <szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/7/22 Andrew Lyons <tstexture at gmail.com>:
> >> Old issue.
> >> From memory: Houdini reads tiff images from bottom left up. Renderman
> >> is top left down:
> >

> > Wasn't this fixed and made controlled by HOUDINI_TIFF_BOTTOMLEFT?
> >

> > --
> > skk.

Mark Elendt