[Sidefx-houdini-list] PBR HDRI image questions

Craig Hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 20:02:11 EDT 2011

Is there a preferred (fastest) format for Houdini's use of HDRI images for Environment lighting in PBR?  (.hdr/.exr/.rat/etc.)

When going higher (6K+) res with .hdr and .exr environment maps for lighting my renders seem to take forever to even start showing progress in the Render View, which is something I wasn't expecting.

Also, can you use latlong format and cube format maps interchangeably as input for Environment Lights and Houdini just interprets them correctly?

Thanks,
Craig