[Sidefx-houdini-list] wire collision object problems.

Christopher Stewart stonesoupdigital at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:05:42 EDT 2011

Eetu? It's been ages!

Collision parameters set. Volume AOK, very simple closed mesh.
VolumeCollision occurs fine if the cup is static (or moving slowly for
that matter). It's when the collider moves quickly that the issues
arise.

And there doesn't seem to be a "Resolve Penetration" parameter on a
wiresolver. Not like on a RBD solver.

In any case, I bodged it all into working last night. Animated
groundplanes. They are lightweight and work well. A bit unwieldy to
animate many of them at a time but I'm making do. It's enough to get
the wires where I want them to be.

Even if I do find a solution to the object volume collision issues,
I'll continue with this method as the solve time is far faster.

Time to take a look in the groundplane node and see how it works,
there has to be something in there I can use.

Thanks!

Christopher

--
----