[Sidefx-houdini-list] wire collision object problems.

Christopher Stewart stonesoupdigital at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 19:36:17 EDT 2011

Hi all.

I've been throwing some wires about and it's gone really well. Until I
pour them into a cup and attempt to move said receptacle. Then they
interpenetrate and eventually fall through (or hang half-way). Which
means at their destination, they are not in a hurry to pour out. The
cup IS moving at a decent clip but no matter how I've set up my volume
collision parameters, the same thing happens time and again.

I have no problem with long sims or turning up numbers to stupid if
that's what works. But so far it hasen't.

Are volume collision objects the only ones that work with wires? I
can't suss out how to use geometry or ODE..

Any help appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out here.

Cheers!

Christopher Stewart

--
----