[Sidefx-houdini-list] Exporting from new "directlighting" VOP

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 21:37:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience getting more deep rasters exported
from the "directlighting" VOP? I find it baffling and opaque, but then
I don't really understand the new F variable :(

Basically, we're trying to get back to where we were with illum loops
in terms of getting things like diffuse out separately from colour
etc. so that we have full comp control over everything. Ideally with
both MP and PBR...

However, it looks to me like hacking the "directlighting" VOP is the
way go, which is fine if I understood it even a little :)

While I'm writing, I don't see how to get Specular (i.e. reflection of
lights) into a deep raster separately from Reflections (i.e.
reflection of Objects) as well as the above mentioned Diffuse
conundrum.

Some stuff just works, like exporting texture maps etc since those are
done with simple vectors.

Alternatively, is there a way to convert "F" to diffuse (before any
colours are mixed in) before it goes into the Add VOP and then export
that? Or something?

Peter B

--No, I am not on Facebook.