[Sidefx-houdini-list] nonLinear fluid reTime

Olex P hoknamahn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 05:55:43 EDT 2011

I don't think that blending of two volumes in substep makes any sense
especially if a difference in state of the fluid in two frames is high
enough. But we can jump from Eulerian coordinate system (grids with
static voxels and quantities going through this grid) to Lagrangian
(particles where every particle is a local coordinate system with some
quantity, let's say density, on it).
In other words we can advect particles using velocity field,
interpolate particle positions in subframes and put density and other
needed attributes back into a grid.