[Sidefx-houdini-list] instance light + light mask

Szymon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 18:30:37 EDT 2011

Hey Larry, the trick mentioned by Peter seems to work, but not in light masks on objects. Try masks in illuminance loop instead.  If I recall correctly this is because an instance name is treated in Houdini as an error (since such light doesn't exist yet), and never get passed to IFD file. Shaders parms are sent as such, so they can work with light's names valid only for Mantra.

skk.